Thursday, December 15, 2011

what my heart says this christmas


"These past few days has been memorable. I am grateful for the hearts of people and how they think of others "


While writing this, I am listening to an awesome single by Hillsong entitled "born is the king- it's christmas" and I can't contain the happiness in my heart.
Everyone is busy, I am guilty of that too. We tend to think of what gifts to buy for our loved ones, what costume we should wear for the christmas party, what food to prepare, what song to sing during christmas caroling, more and more thinking of the busy activities that we do during the holidays. but what struck me was that there are hearts who give much more importance to what really christmas is.

Christmas is a manifestation of unselfish love.

One beautiful woman that I know, a mom of a friend. She is awesome, she thinks beyond herself, its always others and rarely of herself. She is a great example of christmas. Everyday christmas.
She makes people happy everyday, especially children.

I would always say, "when I grow up, I would like to be just like her."
Everyday she works for others, helping them with their everyday lives, young mothers and their infants, her heart is just so beautiful.

Being busy with our lives, or just thinking that we are busy with our lives, we should stop for a minute and assess what christmas truly is. It is about freeing yourself with all the thought of "christmas-y stuff" and simply feel christmas, what's around you, people you help in a small way, like making them smile to doing their laundry, this may sound cheezy but everyday could be christmas when your heart is at it :)

The birth of Jesus, who made us to His image. and His heart. may we use it, not just this christmas but in all the days of our lives.:)


merry merry christmas to everyone!

2 comments: